Friday, September 26, 2008

My Most Lowbrow Post Ever

As a special favor to a friend, I am putting the topic of politics on the back burner this evening. I don't know if my friend wants to be mentioned by name, so I'll just call her Tara (because it rhymes with her real name, Sara). So Tara, this one's for you!

According to a recent Associated Press article, PETA has asked Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream to cease using cow's milk as an ingredient in ice cream. Last Tuesday, PETA sent a letter to co-founders Jerry Greenfield and Ben Cohen asking them to use human breast milk instead. See the story here.

A PETA blogger wrote that the letter "explained that using cow's milk for their ice cream is hazardous to consumers' health." The blog went on to say that even Dr. Spock spoke out against feeding cow's milk to children. Dr. Spock? Let me tell you something, Spock. I don't know what kids drink on the deck of the Star Ship Enterprise, but here in the USA, cow's milk is just fine. Besides, when did Mr. Spock become a doctor?

Another problem with the dairy industry, according to PETA, is that cows must be "forcefully impregnated" every nine months in order to give milk. I'd never realized that. For years, forceful impregnation had been my theory on the Baldwin brothers.

At any rate, I suppose that Ben & Jerry's could test this. It might work. It could even be good for the economy. The sudden demand for human breast milk over cow's milk may create some new jobs. I would love to work on that farm. It would also be a blast for the guy who gets to name the new flavors of ice cream. I just happen to have a few suggestions... ... ...

mint chocolate nip
racky road
boob-erries and cream
hooter fudge sundae
titstachio almond
dulce de leche league
rum nipple
peanut butter D cup

If you haven't figured out by now, I have the maturity level of a 13 year old boy.

There you go, folks. A politics-free post. And, after editing and re-reading what I have written, it is safe to say that I will not stray from politics again.

Obama '08.

Sorry Sara...I mean, Tara. I couldn't resist.

2 comments:

Fletch Gordon said...

Your 13-year-old view of the world is much appreciated. I wanted to be creative and add to the new Ben and Jerry's names, but I honestly couldn't match your juvenille genius.

jdhayes said...

Haha! Thanks :-)